How to Select a Remodeler
Remodeling is a very relationship-driven experience. The happiness or sadness that results from a project is many times determined by the relationship between the contractor and the homeowner. This is why selecting a remodeler carefully is so important.
Ask friends and family that have used contractors for referrals. Find out not only about good experiences, but ask them to share experiences where challenges arose and how the company handled those situations. Also, look for job signs in your neighborhood. This shows that this is a professional company that is serious about their business. Here are several issues to discuss with a contractor you may potentially hire:
- Find out if they are licensed, bonded, and insured.
- Ask how many projects like yours they have done
- How often they do these types of projects
- Ask how many years they have been in business
- Find out if someone is available after-hours in case of an emergency
Finding this information out before beginning the project can help ensure a more pleasurable remodeling experience.
Contact Jennings & Woldt Remodeling today for an estimate on your next project!